Volunteer for CTS
Become a CTS Sub-Commitee Volunteer
CTS is seeking volunteers to serve on the following board commitees:
If you have experience and interest in contributing your time and skills to helping CTS give outdoor leadership opportunities to Metro Vancouver youth, please send us an email to summarize your experience, interest, and availability to Matt Gibson at email@example.com.
Become a CTS Board Member
Catching the Spirit Youth Society (CTS) is seeking dynamic board members for its not-for-profit youth leadership and environmental stewardship program. As a Board member you will contribute to the development and delivery of a dynamic program that mentors 12 – 18 yr old Metro Vancouver youth in leadership skills while they work on youth-led projects focused on sustainability and environmental stewardship.
CTS is especially interested in applicants from diverse backgrounds with expertise in the following areas: fundraising, youth leadership development and training, communications and media relations, program management, and law. If you are interested in helping us provide leadership skills and opportunities to Metro Vancouver youth, consider becoming involved as a CTS board member.
Directors are approved at the CTS Annual General Meeting to govern the association. This is a volunteer position that will involve approximately 15 – 20 hours each month. Directors meet monthly for board meetings and are required to participate in board committees.
The Board of Directors is ultimately accountable for all matters related to CTS. However, its primary responsibilities are to:
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the Board, its committees, and the Program Director.
- Monitor all Board policies.
- Review the bylaws and policy manual, and recommend bylaw changes to the membership.
- Review the Board’s structure, approve changes, and prepare necessary bylaw amendments.
- Approve Catching the Spirit Youth Society’s budget.
- Approve the hiring and release of program staff.
- Perform tasks to complete the deliverables assigned to at least one special committee (committees include: Management, Finance, Fundraising, Marketing & Communications).
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations amongst the Board, committees, staff, and the community to enhance Catching the Spirit Youth Society’s mission and program delivery.
In addition to providing the long-term vision and planning and policy development, Board Members help in practical ways overseeing the finances, communications and marketing initiatives, program coordination as well as helping with organizing events.
More information about the CTS board is available here.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Candidates should submit their resume (2 – 3 pages) along with a cover letter which states why they want to be a volunteer board member for CTS to:
Bob Gunn, Executive Director of Catching the Spirit Youth Society
Sorry, there are no events scheduled at this time.
Stay informed on our latest news!