- About Us
- Get Involved
- COVID-19 Protocols
Safety is always our top priority. How have we adapted to COVID-19?
Catching the Spirit Youth Society has provided safe and free outdoor programs for youth in Metro Vancouver to develop their relationship to nature and although this year has had it’s fair share of changes, we hope to continue to do what we love!
In April, we released this post outlining the major changes in our programming for this year. The biggest one being that we had to cancel our overnight Spirit Steward camps. In the meantime, we’ve been hard at work developing other opportunities for our youth to get outside and enjoy the beautiful parks.
The safety of our participants, leaders, staff, and parents have ALWAYS been the number one priority of our programs and this year is not any difference. The following protocols have been put in place to ensure that CTS is doing our best in preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- Completely outdoor programming: Outdoor settings have been proven to greatly reduce the chance of transmission for the COVID-19 virus
- Short and small: Less than 3 hours long and with no more than 10 participants total
- Pre-screening and contact tracing: Our protocols have been revamped to include a higher level of tracing and all participants and staff are required to pass a pre-screening test to ensure they are eligible to join.
- Increase sanitation and gear handling: When possible, the usage of gear and other shared items is eliminated or reduced. When gear is shared, a sanitation procedure for before and after usage is always assessed to ensure that risk of transmission is eliminated.
- Physically distant, socially together: Our staff and leaders have all been trained to ensure physical distancing is maintained! All of the activities are designed to be physically distant, yet just as fun, engaging, and interactive!
- [UPDATED AUGUST 14, 2020] Masks required: Due to the increased rise in cases, to ensure the safety and comfort of all participants, parents, and staff, we require all those attending in-person events to wear face masks for the duration of the event.
We are constantly reassessing our protocols and procedures as new information is released. We are following the recommendations of various different health and outdoor authorities and keeping a vigilant eye on updates regard the COVID-19 situation.
To see the live document of our safety plans, which outline both our sources as well as a more comprehensive run through of our procedures and policies, click here.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Rafa Narciso, our Program Coordinator, at 604-562-0583 or send an email to email@example.com.
We are excited to see you all outside!