The Peer Leader Program is a volunteering opportunity for youth who want to be more involved with CTS! During this program, youth will have the opportunity to be mentored during the summer by our Mentorvisors, while developing responsibility, leadership, social responsibility, and organizational skills.
Who is this for?
This program is available for youth ages 15-18, who have been participants of our summer camps for at least three years.
What will I do?
Our Programs rely on our peer leaders to function. Some of your regular responsibilities will be:
- Participate in fun leadership development sessions. There will be fun activities like cooking competitions, gardening, ropes course, and many more!
- Organize the itinerary for every week in groups of 4 peer leaders
- Lead one of 4 peer leader standout moments
- Develop your outdoor skills.
- Take ownership of CTS and have fun!
What are Peer Leader Standout moments?
Peer leader Standout Moments is an opportunity for our peer leaders to tackle important social and environmental problems. Peer leaders will lead a discussion on a topic of their choosing with our participants. Training and support will be provided to ensure our peer leaders are comfortable. Some examples are:
- Land Acknowledgements
- Food For Thought
- Aboriginal Story Telling
- Current Events
How can I join?
Registrations for our Peer Leader Program will open in spring. Keep checking our volunteer page to apply!